Thứ Tư, 2 tháng 11, 2011

Transition from iOS 4.x to iOS 5 and Jailbreaking


I have recently made a transition from iOS 4.x to iOS 5 on my iPhone 3GS and I can say it wasn't a particularly smooth sailing journey. Of course we're talking about jailbreaking it as well. My plan was to do this:
  1. Sync & backup iPhone 3GS with iTunes
  2. Fully restore iPhone to iOS 5
  3. Jailbreak iOS 5 with redsn0w
  4. Install AppSync 5.0+ from Cydia
  5. Restore from backup to iPhone with iTunes.
Sounds easy right? Wrong! Now usually when after I sync and backup the iPhone before an upgrade of the firmware, I will do a backup of the backup first so I can do it again if I screw it up. I have written an article on how to do this before and you can see it here: [Restoring from a backup for iPhone, jailbreak or not!]

Read more »

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét